Hong Kong, 11 October 2019 – “Dream Cruises, Asia’s Global Cruise Line, will feature the world’s longest roller coaster at sea on board its new Global Class ship which is currently under construction in Germany and slated to debut in early 2021. The “Space Cruiser” will be the highlight of the “Dream Park at the Pier” - first-ever theme park concept at sea that will push the envelope of entertainment and leisure facilities available at sea for discerning cruise passengers looking for unique experiences.
“Dream Cruises is excited to unveil the innovative and exciting “Space Cruiser” on board the newest addition to our fleet, the first Global Class ship named Global Dream, which is set to debut in early 2021,” said Mr. Michael Goh, President of Dream Cruises & Head of International Sales, Genting Cruise Lines. “As part of our commitment to develop the most technologically advanced cruise ships in the world, the newly constructed Global Class ships will dazzle guests with cutting edge features and facilities that will optimize convenience for our passengers and also provide innovative leisure, entertainment and recreation options to appeal to a broad range of guests.”
Dream Cruises has teamed up with Maurer Rides to develop the world's longest roller coaster on a cruise ship with the innovative, interactive “Space Cruiser” on the forthcoming Global Class vessel.
“Outfitted with powerful electric motors and positive-locking drive system, the coaster defies the physical limits experienced by conventional roller coasters, thus allowing acceleration over 1g almost everywhere on the 300-metre track,” said Marco Hartwig, Project Manager, Maurer Rides. “All this guarantees a spectacular and breathtaking ride at up to 60 km/h (37 mph) over the heads of fellow passengers.”
Each of the three Spike carts will provide interactive driving excitement for up to two riders per vehicle with inline seats and an integrated throttle allowing guests to control the speed of the ride. Due to the unusual perspective, the driver of the “Space Cruiser” will have the feeling of flying over the sea.
As part of the ground-breaking “Dream Park at the Pier”, the first-ever theme park at sea on the new Global Class ship, the “Space Cruiser” will be one of the many fun and exciting attractions that will thrill and dazzle guests of all ages while cruising at sea.
With something for everyone, “Dream Park at the Pier” assembles a myriad of attractions including:
- “Bounce Activity Park” – Spread out over the size of a basketball court, this inflatable park isn’t the same old bouncy castles found at kiddie parties. Guests can run, bounce, dance and jump their way around the massive bouncy obstacle course for the ultimate nostalgia trip.
- “Jump!” – Bounce around to your heart’s content in a special trampoline park that will have you jumping for joy!
- “Shark Bay” – Unleash your inner daredevil on our bungee trampoline. Accomplish acrobatic feats while attached to a safety harness for maximum fun.
- “Wipe Out” – Ride the waves at our on board surf simulator. Whether you hang ten or hang out, you’ll have a wet and wild time with your friends.
- “Cosmic Chaos” – Spin, twirl, give it a whirl. Become a human gyro and get ready to tumble.
- “Kranky Kraken” – Kiddies can make friends with our amiable octopus and fly around in one of his many arms.
- “Little Dreamers Ride” – Tiny tots can test their driving skills in our mini karts for some race-car hijinks – all in a safe and controlled environment.
- And much, much more!
Global Dream is designed for the rapidly growing Asian cruise market and will join the Dream Cruises award-winning fleet, allowing Dream Cruises to offer cruise itineraries across the world as “Asia’s Global Cruise Line”. Apart from the theme park, amenities will include a Cineplex, Asian and Western spas, ample shopping facilities as well as authentic Asian and international dining experiences and fast food restaurants. Her 2,500 cabins will be able to accommodate up to 5,000 passengers on a twin share basis and can cater to over 9,000 passengers during peak holiday periods. Global Dream will also feature Dream Cruises’ signature 151-suite luxury “ship-within-a-ship’ concept, “The Palace”.
State-of-the-art technology will include Bluetooth locks and a new smart system allowing passengers to control different functions such as the LED mood lighting and climate control with a smartphone app, voice recognition or through a touch-screen control panel. Smart sensors will also be able to detect occupants in the cabin to automatically adjust the lights and temperature for better energy efficiency and triple vent air-conditioning outlets ensure even air distribution for maximum comfort.
Please download high-resolution images from this link: https://gentinghk-my.sharepoint.com/:f:/p/amanda_wy_li/EgO9lh2FvJFMoqr_7q8BJkQBhbPIQwv35yEq1Ql1JkXBcw?e=XfjBIF
For more information about Dream Cruises, please visit dreamcruiseline.com and follow us on Facebook, Weibo and Weixin.