Dream Cruises redefines the concept of haute cuisine with Taste the Dream – Wine and Dine at Sea, a culinary extravaganza featuring the unprecedented collaboration between six Asia-based celebrity chefs and the Dream culinary team. From June to November 2018, guests who book the “Taste the Dream 2-Night Weekend Escape Cruise” package with suite accommodation in The Palace on designated sailings will have the opportunity to indulge in limited-edition tasting menus on a complimentary basis. The Palace is World Dream’s “ship within a ship concept” and offers 154 spacious suites with European Style butler service and private dining and lounge areas among other inclusive benefits. These menus will be included in the complimentary daily dining options for all guests who stay in The Palace suites on World Dream. There will also be an exclusive Chef’s table and interactive workshops with the celebrity chefs available to all guests throughout the cruise.
The six celebrity chefs who make their cruise debut on World Dream are:
- Alvin Leung, triple Michelin-starred expert in molecular gastronomy
- Chan Kwok Keung (KK), Michelin-starred Chef and World Champion of the Chinese Cuisine World Championship
- Vicky Cheng, the youngest chef to receive a Michelin star in Hong Kong and master of French-Chinese fusion cuisine
- Christian Yang, globe-trotting food lover, also known as the “culinary magician”
- Wan Tat Kong, Master of Chinese Food Culture and member of the International Jury Committee, World Association of Chinese Cuisine
- Martin Yan, world-renowned celebrity chef and host of the award-winning cooking show “Yan Can Cook”
From June to November, guests on World Dream will have their palates enticed and delighted by exquisite “4-hand menus” - inspired by the themes of ocean and sailing and crafted by the celebrity chefs and the Dream culinary team. The menus will showcase different highlights from each celebrity chef including molecular gastronomy, modern Cantonese cuisine, French-Chinese fusion food art, thematic banquets based on Chinese literature classics and more.
Each 4-hand menu will be available exclusively in on-board specialty restaurants, which guests of The Palace may enjoy on a complimentary basis as part of their daily dining privilege. A selection of thematic dishes will also be featured in a-la-carte menus, as well as in the complimentary buffets of inclusive restaurants.
For private dining, the exclusive Vintage Room will feature a curated gourmet menu for up to 10 guests highlighted by a special visit by the guest celebrity chef on designated weekend sailings. Guests will also have the opportunity to enjoy up-close-and-personal interactions with the celebrity chefs, who will host interactive workshops based on their personal interests and expertise.